18. Octobre



18. Octobre. 2017

Finally completed my 'Hanbok' collection for this Chuseok & day of Hangul!
The first week of this October was big holiday in South Korea.
'Chuseok' is similar to Thanks giving day in USA. 
Every 15th August in Lunar calendar, according to the lunar cycle, we can see the perfectly round moon. And we celebrate our harvest and share good foods with family.
This year, Chuseok was 4th October.
The 3rd October was 'GaecheonJeol' which is a national holiday in South Korea.
In addition, 9th October was another national holiday, Hangul's day.
Therefore, Korean people had ten days holiday including two weekends!

I remember that I had this kind of long holiday when I was in Korea.
In 2007, 10 years ago, I was in the last year of my high school.
I was a student who had to prepare big exam such as SAT or BAC. 
That year, the holiday of Chuseok was a full week. 
I went to school although it was holiday. 
And that time, just 1 month before my big exam, 'Sunung', finally I realized how to study mathematics! 

Yeah, I cannot forget those days although it was passed 10 years.
And now, where am I?

Anyway, let's talk about my doll outfit.


In Korea, we don't really have a culture that we should wear our traditional costume.
For example, Japanese people are enjoying wearing 'Kimono' for their summer festival, coming-of-age ceremony or graduation day, etc. 
Korean people don't do it.
Maybe 'wedding ceremony' could be a good example that people wear 'Hanbok'. 
But, it is limited for only bride and her mother to wear it.

Therefore, recently many young people are trying to wear Hanbok to keep, develop and enjoy our dress culture.
I had also bought some modern Hanbok, the brand Leesle. 
A young Hanbok designer, Iseul Hwang, created her own brand few years ago. 
Her dresses are very beautiful, comfortable and modern.
Inspired from her dresses, I tried to make my dolls clothes as celebrating this long holiday.


From left to right, Mlle Dordogne, Mlle Margaux, and Mlle Garonne.


two short skirts version


two long skirts version



This photos are able to be found at my instagram: @somsomko_lucia





I made four different one-piece skirts (a.k.a Chima)
and four different tops (a.k.a Jeogori).



one-piece skirts (a.k.a Chima)


tops (a.k.a Jeogori)


So, we can have 16 different style of Hanbok! Yeah~~~

I'm very proud of myself. 
Next time, I hope that I could make them for selling!



Comments